17 - 18 May 2018
NFPA 30 Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code (2018 Edition)
1. About training
Learn about the latest requirements for the storage and handling of flammable and combustible liquids. This seminar covers flammable and combustible liquids and defines terms used in understanding flammable and combustible liquids. During this seminar case studies will be handled and there is also a possibility to deal with case studies based on local experience.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the difference between flammable and combustible liquids.
- Understand the basic properties of all liquids will be introduced, including specific gravity, vapor density, evaporation rate, viscosity, water solubility and surface tension
- List the properties of flammable liquids, including flash point, fire point, boiling point, flammable or explosive range, vapor pressure, auto-ignition temperature, flame propagation and burning characteristics (heat release, burning rates, smoke production, boil over, slipover, froth over)
Determine the capacities of container types based on liquid class, the class of the liquid
This seminar covers the basics of flammable and combustible liquids. Topics include the seven hazardous commodity types, most common protection strategies, a review of safe storage guidelines for inside a commercial or industrial facility, and a discussion on how protection and construction features can affect a facility.
These modules are included in the series:
- Flammable Liquids
- Flammable Liquids: Portable Containers
- Flammable Liquids: Storage Room
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Explain the difference between flammable and combustible liquids
- Know about the updates of 2018 edition
- Review DOT and NFPA® labeling
- Define the basic properties of liquids and the special characteristics of flammable liquids
2. Training language
Training will be held in English.
English Turkish simultaneous translation will be available.
The training is to be conducted by the same professional NFPA lecturer used in the USA and NFPA’s approved trainer in Europe.
Trainer will be Bill Koffel.
Riskonet and NFPA hold the right to make change for the assigned trainer.
Almost each and every workplace has flammable and combustible liquids involved in their daily routine. If you are working in one of these workplaces and want to learn about flammable and combustible liquids, this is the right training program.
All engineers, architects, fire brigades, inspection authorities, certification bodies, plan reviewers, designers, installers, inspectors, insurers, risk engineers, risk consultants, risk managers, project managers, production and storage managers, chemists and technicians will have the perfect opportunity to learn more about the NFPA 30 standard with attending this training.
5. Training dates
Training will be held between May 17-18, 2018.
6. Training place
Training will be held in Istanbul, Turkey.
You may find more information about the venue Hilton İstanbul Kozyatağı from the below link.
7. Training Fee
The participation fee per person is 1.400 USD (excluding 18% VAT).
The training fee includes lunch, coffee breaks, and the training material including the handbook of NFPA 30 as well as the simultaneous translation.
Participants will receive a certificate issued by NFPA with CEUs.
- There will a 100 USD discount for the ones who makes the payment before the end of January, 2018.
- There will be 100 USD discount for the NFPA members.
Participants may only benefit from one of the discounts (Early Bird or NFPA member).
9. Upcoming Trainings
|NFPA 13,14,20 and 25||9-13 Apri 2018|
|Business Continuity Management||20 April 2018|
Contact us for NFPA standard trainings and other specialized training program requirements.
10. Contact Information
Please get in touch with us on email@example.com for further information and registration.
- Categories: Seminars 2018